Contract: Term time only, permanent
Hours: 36.50 hours per week
Salary: £22,737 – £24,702 pro rata (£19,877.31 – £21,598.02 actual) depending on service
Start Date: As soon as possible
Queensbury School, Wood End Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BL
New Horizons 6th Form Centre, Station Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6UG
Tel: 0121 373 5731
Due to our school expansion and the opening of our satellite 6th Form centre, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective administrative and organisational processes within the Academy and to provide and effective clerical and reception service to Academy staff, students, and visitors. Responsibilities include:
- delivering an effective reception service including answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries; signing in visitors and sorting and distributing internal and external mail
- undertaking administrative duties related to the post such as production of letters, reports and other documents as requested using relevant ICT packages
- providing administrative support for example, photocopying, filing, emailing, completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence
- maintaining manual and computerised records/returns/management information systems
- maintaining stock and supplies and distributing as required or as directed
- undertaking other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post as requested by the line manager
- You may be required to work across either site
Experience of working in a school environment is desirable. Applicants must be computer literate with excellent organisational skills.
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS, Childcare Disqualification (where applicable), qualifications, medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. An online search (and a prohibition check for teachers) will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
To read a copy of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy please click on the link below:
To read our policy on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders please click on the link below:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.
Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide:
Please note contracts of employment will be with Education Impact Academy Trust not Birmingham City Council.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://educationimpact.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 19th February, 2024
Interviews: week commencing 26th February, 2024
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.