The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation, and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
At Education Impact Academy Trust, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, and the absence of unfair discrimination is provided for all stakeholders in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We aim to demonstrate this equality and inclusivity through all aspects of school life by removing barriers to learning and success through our work in the classroom, our pastoral and inclusion support systems, out of hours learning opportunities, our links with the wider community and our recruitment and retention of staff.
We seek to demonstrate our commitment to providing equality of opportunity by:
- Ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- Making sure that our schools are a safe, secure, and stimulating place for everyone.
- To increase access to the curriculum for students with a disability, expanding the curriculum as necessary to ensure students with a disability are as equally prepared for life as able-bodied students.
- To maintain and improve access to the physical environment of the schools for all staff and students.
- To improve the delivery of information to students, staff, parents/carers, and visitors with disabilities.
- Recognising that people have different needs and understanding that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all the same.
- Aiming to ensure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions.
- Aiming to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favorable treatment, or discrimination because of:
- Gender re-assignment
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Being pregnant or having recently had a baby
Education Impact Academy Trust Equality Objectives:
- We will be a welcoming and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for our workforce, attracting talent from wherever it comes. We will ensure that our policies take account of our duties under the Equality Act.
- We will work to ensure that our students have the best opportunities to be prepared for adulthood and will implement a range of approaches to meet the varying needs that our students have in terms of SEND.
- We will promote cultural understanding and awareness, valuing and celebrating various cultures and religious beliefs amongst different ethnic groups within our school community.
We review our equality objectives at least every four years. These objectives were published in May 2023.